Information about leasehold insurance
Buildings insurance covers the structure of the building and the shared areas we as the landlord must maintain. We own the freehold to your flat/maisonette and are responsible for insuring the building. This is a blanket policy that covers all leasehold properties where we own the freehold.
If you have any further questions regarding Buildings Insurance please contact the Insurance Department on 01727 819235 or email

How do I make a claim?

Please telephone 0800 026 1841. For non-urgent incidents please call within normal office hours or email
Note: repairs to communal areas or services of the block in which you live should still be reported the Council’s Housing repairs section on 01727 819256.
When you call the 24 hour help line you will deal directly with the insurance company regarding your claim. Please note depending on the type of claim you make you may be required to pay an excess.
The documents below may assist you.

Contents Insurance

The buildings insurance policy does not cover loss or damage to your contents. You will need to take out contents insurance to cover your belongings.


We have teamed up with Thistle Insurance Services via their Crystal Insurance Scheme to offer contents insurance.
For more information please download the document: Contents Insurance advert (below)
You are not obliged to take home contents insurance with this company. You may want to shop around to obtain other quotations.

Date of last review: 06 March 2019