Councillors must comply with the Council's Code of Conduct.  This states how a member conducts the business of the authority, conducts the business of the office to which the person has been elected/appointed or acts as a  representative of the authority.

Councillors must register financial and other interests within 28 days of election and declare relevant interests at a meeting.

View the Code of Conduct

Complain about a Councillor

If you want to complain about the conduct of a member of St Albans City and District Council or a member of any parish or town council within the District please download and complete a Member Complaint Form.

The completed form and any evidence in support of your complaint should be sent by post or email to:

Charles Turner, Monitoring Officer
St Albans City and District Council
Council Offices
St Peter's Street
St Albans
Herts AL1 3JE

Telephone 01727 819507

Arrangements for Dealing with Complaints about Councillors

These Arrangements set out how we will deal with complaints that a Councillor has not complied with the Code of Conduct. Please note that we can only deal with complaints about things that are covered by the Code of Conduct.

Recruitment of Independent Persons (April 2017)

St Albans City and District Council is looking for a member of the public to take on a statutory role of 'Independent Person' for the Council.

Independent Person may also be invited to serve on a Panel convened to advise the Council should disciplinary action be proposed in respect of certain designated senior officer posts.

Further details may be found in the Notice, recruitment pack and application form below.

The Role of the Council's Standards Committee

Here you can view the role and responsibilities of the Council's Standards Committee.

Date of last review: 18 September 2017