We are once again calling on enthusiastic green-fingered school children and teachers to enter their school in this year’s District Schools in Bloom 2016 Competition.
Wild About Wildlife!
This competition is a great opportunity for local children to learn all about wildlife and growing together and to help teachers deliver the KS1 & KS2 curriculum.
Closing date for entries is Friday 06th May 2016
The categories for this years Schools Competition are:-
• Perfect for Pollinators - We are looking for varieties of flowers which attract and support our bees and other pollinating insects
• Vibrant Vegetables - Judges will be looking for different types of vegetables that are being grown and what happens to the produce once cultivatedd
• Wonderful Wildlife - Evidence of attracting wildlife in the form of Bird Boxes, Feeding Stations, Bat Boxes, Log piles for Insects & Slow Worms
• Refreshing Rainwater - Best ways of collecting, saving and making the most of precious rainwater in the school garden.
• Super-Duper Sunflower - The school with the tallest sunflower
This year we are working closely with the Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust.
Dates for the diary
• All entries must be submitted by 6th May
• Judging Dates:-All School entries will be judged from the w/c 11th July
• Awards Ceremony will take place on Friday 16th September, 6pm, where all the winners and runners-up will be announced.
How to enter
Please email your details including:
Name of school:
Categories you wish to enter:
(or download the form below)