Alcohol and entertainment licences

Printer-friendly page

Businesses, organisations and individuals who want to sell or supply alcohol in the district must have a licence from the St Albans City and District Council (the licensing authority).

You can view the current premises licence register using our online licensing register.

St Albans City and District licensing policy

Our licensing policy (revised in February 2014), sets out the way in which we will make licensing decisions and how licenced premises are likely to be permitted to operate.

It also informs residents and businesses how their needs and concerns will be dealt with. 

Please read our policy before filling in any application forms.

See also:

More on objectives and conditions

In this section

clipart of a form with a pen Licence applications

Each licence will require its own application. You may also need to make a full or minor review and/or have an application review

Your views Have your say about licensing

You may wish to make a complaint about a licensed premises (pub or similar), or a premises which is providing licensable activities without a licence, or comment on an application

licensing Licensing law, forms and lists

conditions, papers etc